Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Spooktober Reading Month

Untitled

October is finally upon us. It's that time of year that so many of us have been waiting for and that brings so many things, from the crunch of fallen autumn leaves and a crispness in the air to hot drinks and wearing warm sweaters. And of course, the Halloween season....

I always look forward to this time of year for a number of reasons, but especially because it's the time of year for reading dark and spooky books to get me into the Halloween spirit. From bumps in the night to figures hiding in shadows, hauntings and the paranormal to the positively witchyI love it all.


So in honor of October, all this month I'll be reading my choice of books that fit with this theme of the dark and spooky. I did this last year on my personal blog and found myself really enjoying it, so I cannot wait to keep this traditional live and to get started on this special reading month! I've already picked out my first batch of Halloween reads...


Untitled
From top to bottom:
The Supernatural Elements by Edgar Cantero
The Year of Shadows by Claire Legrand
The Cure For Dreaming by Cat Winters
Cuckoo Song by Frances Hardinge
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnes
Monstrous Affections: An Anthology of Beastly Tales (Edited by Kelly Link and Gavin J. Grant)


Any ideas for which book I should start with? 


Don't forget to follow along on my Goodreads throughout the month to find out what creepy tale I'm reading next! Also, if there's a particular book you have in mind that you think I should add to my reading list, let me know!


What dark and spine-chilling books are you reading this month? 
👻



No comments:

Post a Comment